Monday, November 9, 2009

Sometimes it's more important to live in the moment than to capture the moment.
Sometimes it's more fun to take a walk without a camera swinging around my neck.
Sometimes I can make up my mind to have a great morning, and it really happens.

Bear and I went walking with the Haleys' near their house this morning. It really wasn't a special event. I suppose you could say we were celebrating the unseasonably warm weather.

Bear walked the longest distance I think he ever has. Up hills and down hills. Running, and trying to keep up with the older boys, and falling, and getting back up again. He got muddied by the wet dog shake and hardly seemed to notice.

He did ask to be picked up a few times, but always wanted back down again. And, he wasn't looking for Mommy. He was actually asking Jen to pick him up more. And, didn't mind having Rael carry him a bit, too.

What's even better is that this walk would have made me happy even without Bear. It was absolutely what I wanted to do with my morning with or without my boy. And, it was what my boy wanted to do.

Ahhhh... It feels good to be healthy.

The icing on the cake (yes, there's just a bit more) ... After we left the Haleys' and Bear went smoothly down for his nap, I had enough time for embroidery. Pulling the needle and thread through the fabric ... that's therapy. Not quite meditation today, but if I get this project going ...

And, that was my perfect morning.


(sorry, no pictures).

No comments:

Post a Comment