Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Playing outdoors

Life has been turned upside down, and getting on the computer has been difficult (two unrelated things), but Bear and I have spent some time having fun outdoors...

We met Bear's friends Emma and Chloe (not pictured) at a playground:



We crawled around in the backyard (this is just one day of many):



We spent 2 90-degree days in the park...



...where my happy boy napped both days...


Too bad I wasn't unable to photograph him playing in the pond. We weren't planning on swimming, but it was so hot, I decided we should cool our feet. One thing led to another and before I knew it, I was allowing Bear to sit down in the water in his clothes. He had fun. It was worth it. He just didn't wear any clothes for the rest of the time we were there.
We've also done some gardening.
Peas

Radishes

I don't want to talk about what happened to the cucumbers and peppers... well... OK... they all DIED after I transplanted them. But, the peas and radishes are doing great, and the carrots and spinach look like they have a chance. So, I've decided that for any future gardens, I will plants seeds in the ground, or buy seedlings. Until, someday, I have more time, and appropriate indoor space.

2 comments:

  1. I have come to the same conclusion in regards to starting indoors.
    I will continue to plant the sunflowers that Connor starts indoors from seeds. His plants live just fine. I find it joyful to watch him start with such enthusiasm and intent, nurturing with patience in the front windowsill. I always joke that I lost my green thumb when I had the twins, and not because I was too busy (well, the ivy and the spider plants survived!). I realize now that perhaps it wasn't really lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, Bear is SO CUTE!!! Oh my goodness, he is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete